Pipeline & Process Services
BGT provides Commissioning Services for Pipelines and Processes. Services include:
- Hydro Testing
- Nitrogen/Helium Services
- High Pressure, High-Volume Pumping
- Chemical Injection
- Baseline Survey
On average, BGT engineers design and execute pigging programs in over 1000 pipelines each year. Each project is different. Job design involves a decision on several parameters such as:
- Pig type and design
- Pipeline flowing conditions
- Length of Pipeline
- Pigging Objective
- Pressure monitoring
- Valve conditions and operations
- Debris type and handling
- Waste Management
- Safety Considerations
- Auxiliary Pumping requirements
- Pig tracking and job monitoring
- Reporting and record-keeping
- Prevention of the stuck-pig condition
Debris and deposits in pipeline reduce product flow and if left unchecked can result in pipeline becoming blocked with wax, sand, and scales. BGT Engineers develop a planned cleaning program for their clients. These programs prevent the build-up of debris deposits and therefore help to ensure continuous product flow is achieved while maximizing profit for clients at a minimum safety risk.
BG Technical Limited offers a range of engineering services to support the planned cleaning of product pipelines. These include:
- Data gathering / Site survey
- Pre-inspection cleaning
- Preparation of cleaning methodology
- Design, testing, and validation of specialist cleaning tool
- Supply of specialist cleaning tool and cleaning equipment
- Progressive cleaning of the pipeline
- Execution of field operation
- Management of third party services
- Hazards / Risk assessment
- Design, fabrication, and installation of pig launcher/receiver.
Profile Survey Using Caliper, Magnetic Flux Leakage, And Ultrasonic Tool
Caliper, Magnetic Flux Leakage, and Ultrasonic Tool profile survey helps to locate failures and anomalies in pipelines such as dents, ovality, girth weld, wall thickness, and corrosion.
B.G Technical Limited has the latest technology to carry out a profile survey after the construction of a new pipeline, after modification of a pipeline and on existing product pipeline depending on clients’ policies and guidelines. B.G.Technical has highly trained and competent personnel to carry out these operations.
Also, we provide clients with objective and professional reports after these operations.
The objective of hydrostatic testing of a pipeline is to find the possible flaws in the constructed pipeline. The test develops a certain amount of stress for a given time to allow these possible flaws to open out as leakages. B.G.Technical Limited in collaboration with data from our client is able to determine the maximum text pressure for a given pipeline. In other words, the test pressure is designed by our engineers to provide a sufficient gap between itself and the operating pressure.
By carrying out this operation, pipeline integrity can be determined and verified. These include;
- The existing flaw in the pipeline material
- Stress corrosion cracking(SCC) and actual mechanical properties of the pipe
- Active corrosion cell, and
- Localized hard spots that may cause failure in the presence of hydrogen in pipelines.
B.G.Technical Limited has certified equipment, well trained, and certified personnel that have designed and executed hydro-testing operations for the various pipelines. Our mission is to implement creative solutions and demonstrate a passion to exceed customer goal and satisfaction, improve quality, and reduce cost at a minimum safety risk.
BGT Nitrogen Production Unit receives compressed air at a minimum inlet pressure of 175psi (12bar), then separates the oxygen from the compressed air.
The air separation process is performed using B.G.Technical Limited membrane modules that are contained within the NPU. Each module is constructed of millions of hollow fibers like the diameter of human hair. Compressed air is forced through the hollow fibers.
The holes in the modules are small enough that CO, CO2, and O2 will exit through them under pressure. These small holes, however, are too small to accept N2 or Argon. B.G.Technical Limited NPU is ideal for remote locations and offshore platforms.
The SmartBall is a revolutionary In-line Leak Detection System for Oil & Gas Pipelines. It is an acoustic-based technology that detects anomalous acoustic activity associated with leaks in pressurized pipes and can detects leaks as low as 0.03 gals/min (1 barrel per week). It is highly sensitive, accurate and reliable. Some of its other advantages includes:
- The SmartBall a free swimming inline leak detection tool, this eliminates the issues of a pig stuck.
- It is easy to deploy
- SmartBall is capable of traversing non-piggable pipelines.
- It helps to monitor the activities of Vandals.
- Measures temperature and pressure during inspections.
- SmartBall can be deployed in Pipelines as small as 4”.
- SmartBall allows for onsite processing for immediate results
- SmartBall can be deployed for up to 400 hours.
The SmartBall provides huge benefits for the management of leaks and illegal taps on pipelines.